Community discussions

MikroTik App

Asrael
just joined
Topic Author

CCR Frozen

Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:12 pm

Hello everyone,

I have a CCR1036-8G-2S+ and I have been presenting failures every day, I will tell you a little about my problem and I apologize for my bad English.

I have around 1500 users connected in pppoe with a Huawei OLT and two mikrotik SFP+ modules at both ends, in addition to that I have other ethernet interfaces but the one that handles the most traffic is the OLT.

Every night (and sometimes during the day) the CCR stops responding, it freezes, I can't log in via winbox, nor via web, nor via telnet, the CCR doesn't turn off, it just freezes. I have to wait for one by one my pppoe users to disconnect and then my CCR comes back to life.

When this problem is arising I can not enter the CCR, but after a while I can enter through winbox, but I can not do anything, just see that nothing appears in the interfaces, that I have no IP, that no menu works, I enter the log and I find that most of my interfaces are with FCS error at the same time but I think it is because the CCR does not respond to them, I enter the ppp and look at the active connections and I see how my clients begin to disappear one by one, when it reaches 0 the winbox takes me out and when I re-enter everything is as if nothing, the log does not show any error, my CCR restarts every day at 2am, the life time of the pppoe server I have in 999999, everything is working on the same vlan.

I have version 6.48.6 because when looking for updates from the CCR they don't appear anymore, I installed the latest version from the mikrotik page but pppoe didn't work well for me (users appeared but they didn't have internet) so I had to go back to the version 6.48.6.

I want to know if anyone has had the same problem and if you could help me solve it I would really appreciate it, have a nice day