Community discussions

MikroTik App

TerjeThornqvist
just joined
Topic Author

Hardware availability

Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:16 am

I think there needs to be some clearer communication with regards to hardware availability.
In March I order a RB 5009 with estimated delivery mid April that got pushed to end of June and then to unknown. After an inquiry a while ago to the retailer they have no clue about when they will be receiving hardware at all and while I can work with basically anything from delivery within a month , 3 months 1 year, a sincere we have no clue when we will get the components to make the hardware or anything else. getting no information at all apart from a post stating that hardware is being manufactured and delivered in a "normal" way which is obviously not quite in accordance with reality.

If there would be a high likelihood that the hardware would be delivered this year I could wait for it, but if it were further out I would have to sort out some different solution for the time being, but with no information at all it's not possible to plan ahead at all.
Best regards Terje

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Hardware availability

Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:14 pm

Oh boy, this horse has already been beaten to dead ...

A stupid printer, 3 to 4 months depending on brand/model.
An even more stupid barcode scanner, more then 4 months, go figure.

You can try other brands for network equipment. I'm pretty sure you'll see the same problems.

Worldwide shortage of electronics components which has started some years ago is not yet digested.
It'll be a while before everything normalizes again.