Community discussions

MikroTik App

JACK992
just joined
Topic Author

Disable ether1 Inferface When Lte1 Is Down

Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:56 pm

Hi everyone, i just bought a Mikrotik Chateau Lte12 and i'm using it as a "modem only" while connected to my fritz router.
The problem is that the fritz router doesn't detect when the internet connection from the mikrotik is not working (when connected to the fritz wan port) and so it doesn't fallback to the backup connection.
The fritz just checks if the wan-lan connection is up and only falls back to the backup connection if i plug the lan cable or if the ether1 inferface is manually disabled on the mikrotik router.
I was wondering if it's possible to create a script that checks the lte connection on the mikrotik and when it's down it disables the ether1 interface and when it's back working it enables ether1.

I'm already using netwatch to check if the lte1 connection is down every 10 seconds and, if needed, disable/re-enable the lte interface to get internet back working:

IF UP:
:log info "** LTE IS UP **"

IF DOWN:
{
:log warning "** LTE down **"
/interface lte disable lte1
:delay 3s
/interface lte enable lte1
:log info "** LTE Rebooted **"
}

The problem is that i'd like the mikrotik to disable ether1 only when really necessary (not every 10 seconds like the internet check that i'd like to keep at the same interval to avoid downtimes).
More like, if internet has been down for x (consecutive) minutes than disable ether1 and bring it back up when internet connection is back (but at the same time keep enabling/disabling lte1 every 10 seconds to check if internet is back).
Any help would be appreciated.