Community discussions

MikroTik App

zalak
just joined
Topic Author

Fw bricked rb4011

Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:18 pm

Hi! I faced the typical error. After power outage bricked my RB4011. Worst of all, I made the mistake of not having backup of the configuration jungle.

I have experience in electronics and I willing go any lengths to extract the configuration. Even dump the flash memory, I have a complete RT809F programmer for it.

What I tried:

-Connect via Netinstall. Failed. The router light up the ETH1 led for about 30s, the PC recognised, but won't show in Netinstall. Firewall, other adapters disabled, IP settings as in the attachment. Tried 2 pc's

What I want to try, but need an RJ45/DB9:

- Serial connection to RouterBOOT (# b - booter options: Select which booter you want to load: * 1 - load regular booter 2 - force backup-booter loading)
- if force backup goes well, erease nand, then try to give back to life
- any idea about the config extraction from dumped flash (pls help me Mikrotik :)
- Netbooting OpenWRT, after somehow extract the configs (no experince, pls help me community :)

Any tipps and tricks would be appreciated, even if somebody want to charge for a service, pls contact me here or pm.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

chechito
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Fw bricked rb4011  [SOLVED]

Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:59 am

try netinstall with a dumb switch between PC and RB4011

good luck

zalak
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Fw bricked rb4011

Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:10 am

Thank you really much! With switch did the job done. After 30 times, gave me a the connection. :lol: