Community discussions

MikroTik App

server8
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

Is MT planning outdoor WISP AX hardware?

Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:02 pm

HI Mikrotik guys

Are you planning outdoor AX access point for wisp? If yes is it possible to have some info about roadmap?

Thank You in advance Giuseppe

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Is MT planning outdoor WISP AX hardware?

Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:55 pm

If yes is it possible to have some info about roadmap?

Mikrotik announcements in their newsletters are as good as roadmaps ... only rarely announced devices hit the streets in full volumes soon after announcemenrs.

server8
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:19 pm

New AX wisp hardware from other vendors will hit the market next year, if Mikrotik has something on the way to have some informations may help us to take the right decisions.

Personally I love Mikrotik and ol NV2 protocol is still the best in the legacy hardware.

StubArea51
Trainer
Trainer

Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:21 pm

I would be very surprised if MT wasn't working on AX versions of WISP gear. I suspect they are just working through the backlog of product announcements while trying to focus on ROSv7.

server8
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:37 pm

Nothing... reading on the other vendors forum AX hardware is hitting the market now .... for mikortik based WISP like us means we 'll loose the wireless challenge :-) :-)

psannz
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:50 pm

I would be very surprised if MT wasn't working on AX versions of WISP gear. I suspect they are just working through the backlog of product announcements while trying to focus on ROSv7.
This. I'm guessing we'll be flooded with AX devices once CAPSMAN-Wave2 is done.

server8
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:52 pm

For mikrotik based wisp the risk to loose the wireless challenge with Ubiquiti/Cambium competitors on the market at this moment is very high. Other vendors AX hardware is compatible with old legacy AP so they can start to deploy new AX cpe and make the difference when AX AP will be available.

I hope to hear soon from mikrotik guys some news about AX roadmap we can't stay here hoping in the miracle we need to have info as soon possible.

We have something around +4300 mikortik AC cpes and it's no possible to think to switch to other vendors swapping all the cpes and all the APs, too expensive and it need to many time.

marekm

Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:13 pm

+1
WiFi 6E WISP hardware please, including good antennas for the extended frequency range. I have some 5.9-6.4GHz spectrum licenses valid until 2029, currently using Cambium ePMP1000 for that band (separate products from regular 5GHz ones, it works but is 802.11n only and newer Cambium ePMP "ac" products are 5GHz only), couldn't use SXT6/BaseBox6 because they don't have CE and BaseBox6 was too late after SXT6 (so we had CPEs but no APs to connect them to).
AX standard already includes TDMA so hopefully there will be no more vendor lock-in with proprietary TDMA protocols (MT/UBNT/Cambium each having its own one incompatibie with everyone else), or am I dreaming? These radios on the roofs of each customer are difficult to mass-replace.

server8
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:04 pm

Seems MT has lost all WISP no interest in this tread

enlace101

Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:52 pm

https://mikrotik.com/product/l11ug_5haxd

Finally, we have solutions in AP; we only need the clients now.