Community discussions

MikroTik App

Molleby
just joined
Topic Author

Possible to install Zabbix Agent2 on RouterOS?

Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:01 pm

We were wondering if it is possible to install a Zabbix Agent2 on RouterOS (on the KNOT L8), given that RouterOS is its own build of Linux, or whatever the terminology is.

Zabbix's website states that these are the supported Linux platforms for Zabbix Agent2:
RHEL/CentOS 6, 7, 8
SLES 15 SP1+
Debian 9, 10
Ubuntu 18.04, 20.04

Have anyone out there succeeded in installing a Zabbix Agent on RouterOS, and if so, which of the versions did you use?

I know there is a SNMP module for Zabbix, but we would like to use the agent and its MQTT capabilities

Edit: The Zabbix agent download and install page also provides some options (Link: https://www.zabbix.com/download_agents? ... w_legacy=0)
I see different OS version for Linux (4.12, 3.0, 2.6, 2.4), and different hardware versions (ppc64le, amd65 and i386)

I'm not sure if any of those options are compatible with RouterOS

Sob
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Possible to install Zabbix Agent2 on RouterOS?

Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:35 pm

RouterOS is closed system, you can't install own things. Except for containers in newer RouterOS on selected architectures, but I don't know if it would help you with this.

Molleby
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:20 pm

RouterOS is closed system, you can't install own things. Except for containers in newer RouterOS on selected architectures, but I don't know if it would help you with this.
Yeah, just read about the new Docker capabilities. Awesome stuff, but unfortunately only available on arm, arm64 and x86 devices. And I think the KNOTs are MIPSBE or something like that. I guess I'll have to script my way out of it.

chipper43
just joined

Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:25 pm

@mikrotik who can we work with to develop a zabbix package for it's agent?