Community discussions

MikroTik App

Maknz
just joined
Topic Author

Remote CAP clients connected via EOIP/IPSEC access remote internet connection

Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:52 am

Hey there fellow Tiksters :-),

Scratching my head on this one so some help would be much appreciated. So I have a couple of sites that are connected via IPSEC EOIP tunnels and on the main site router I run CAPsMAN to control the local and remote sites AP's. All sites are on fairly fast local fibre connections but I want to setup a couple of extra wifi networks for smart phones etc to not access their internet through the EOIP tunnel to the main CAPsMAN site but to instead access their own local internet connections instead to take load off of the EOIP tunnel traffic.

I'm a bit baffled about whether this is achievable via CAPsMAN and how to go about implementing this if it is.

Would prefer not to have to setup separate CAPsMAN's at remote sites as I like having one space to view connections etc.

whatever

Re: Remote CAP clients connected via EOIP/IPSEC access remote internet connection

Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:31 am

Use local forwarding option in datapath to make APs dump their traffic to a local bridge (selected in CAP settings on the AP itself) instead of tunneling the traffic to the manager. Use vlan tags to keep traffic from different ssids separated.

gotsprings
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Remote CAP clients connected via EOIP/IPSEC access remote internet connection

Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:44 am

Use local forwarding option in datapath to make APs dump their traffic to a local bridge (selected in CAP settings on the AP itself) instead of tunneling the traffic to the manager. Use vlan tags to keep traffic from different ssids separated.
I think the use of caps-man is going to make this confusing.