Community discussions

MikroTik App

Molleby
just joined
Topic Author

Where to find KNOT LoraWAN Gateway converter settings

Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:59 am

We have setup where a Modbus RTU-to-LoRaWAN converter reads a register from a 3-phased electricity meter, gathering information about total kWh. We want to send that information over via LoRa to our Mikrotik KNOT L8 gateway, and from there on to our Chirpstack server. We can see that data is being sent from the converter to the Gateway, but the LoRa payload makes no sense. In order for the manufacturer of the Modbus-LoRa converter to troubleshoot this, they need to know the connection settings of the Mikrotik Gateway so they can see what kind of conversion the KNOT might be performing on the LoRa data coming from their device.

I have looked all over in Winbox, but can only find the standard Lora menus. Is there another place where I can find something like what the manufacturer needs?

Edit: the message I got from their support team: "I would need also the definition of the connection parameters inside your Gateway for connecting to our converter."

girts
just joined

Re: Where to find KNOT LoraWAN Gateway converter settings

Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:51 pm

Hello,
The question from the device manufacturer is not clear as there is no "connection" between the LoRa gateway and the end device. The gateway only receives the LoRaWAN frames sent by the end device and forward them to the server. It is then up to the server what it does with the data received.

In order for us to help you, we need to understand the actual issue, so please answer to the following questions:
1) Is the main problem that you are not able to decode the payload on the Chirpstack server side? Or that the data is received on the server? (The payload on the gateway should not make sense, the payload on the application server should);
2) Which RouterOS version are you running on your KNOT?

Regards,
Ģirts