Community discussions

MikroTik App

aliboy
Topic Author

Default Storage ran out of space

Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:13 am

I have a Mikrotik Router with 16mb of internal storage. Normally, I have 1mb of free space. But lately, I have been noticing that it gets full so I delete some saved backups to free some space. Now I have nothing to delete but the internal storage is still full. I normally do a factory reset and load my saved backup from the USB to fix this but the issue keeps on happening.

johanels
just joined

Re: Default Storage ran out of space

Thu May 04, 2023 1:37 pm

Good afternoon,

I am facing this same issue and it is really becoming a problem for me.

A clean out of the box hEX S uses 11.8MiB of the available 16MiB.

A couple of firewall address list entries (220K) and I am out of storage.

@Mikrotik how do we solve this problem or at least figure out where the storage is being wasted?

Thank you,

JE

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu May 04, 2023 10:17 pm

220k entries in firewall list use quite some amount of storage ... if these are configured as "permanent" list members (as opposed to "dynamic" which only stay in RAM and with limited lifetime). If each list nember only uses 6 bytes (4 bytes for address, one byte for mask length, one byte for list id ... and it's pretty possible that each member uses more than this), then 220k entries use at least 1.32MB of flash storage.

johanels
just joined

Mon May 08, 2023 10:02 pm

Hi,

Now this is the 1st usable feedback I have seen on this problem ever! Thank you!

if these are configured as "permanent" list members (as opposed to "dynamic" which only stay in RAM and with limited lifetime)....

The list are country specific subnets to be able to apply firewall rules for my home country only.

Further I have entries from BGP AS networks to be able to route traffic to the correct ISP from my 2x ISP's.

I will then reset the router, restore the last good backup and load the lists with a 100 day timeout.

Thank you again!

JE