Community discussions

MikroTik App

zittastanislav
just joined
Topic Author

mikrotik 951g-2hnd - route marking

Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:52 pm

Hello,

I have RouterOS on 7.6 RB951Ui-2HnD mikrotik. I tried to set-up multiple ISPs setup for my household with PPC. For PPC, one needs route marking as multiple tutorials have said. For me, unfortunately, it's not possible to create new route mark, because in Mangle rule creation -> action -> mark routing, I can only select "main" at the new routing mark menu.

Is this by-design limitation of this routerboard or am I doing something wrong?

Given limitation stated above, I have restorted to ECMP load balancing and that seems to work.

Take care, Z.S.

sindy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: mikrotik 951g-2hnd - route marking

Sun Nov 06, 2022 2:02 pm

It is not a limitation of RB951, it is a change of approach in ROS 7 as compared to ROS 6. Now, you have to explicitly add the routing table before using it, the goal being to reduce the amount of smashed routers and suicides caused by typos.

/routing/table/add name=xyz fib

is the magic you look for.

moshe12
just joined

Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:21 am

Hi,
I have a similar problem
I have now upgraded from V6 to V7.6
I have 2 ISP's and can't do simple routing like I would on V6.
Below is an example from v6:
/interface pppoe-client
add add-default-route=yes default-route-distance=3 disabled=no interface=ether1 name=partner password=???????? use-peer-dns=yes user=??????????
add add-default-route=yes default-route-distance=5 disabled=no interface=ether1 name=older password=???????? user=?????????

/ip firewall mangle
add action=mark-routing chain=prerouting comment=ap new-routing-mark=older passthrough=no src-mac-address=XX:2D:21:XX:A4:XX

/ip route
add distance=2 gateway=older routing-mark=older
How do I do it in v 7.6 ?

zittastanislav
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:36 pm

Thanks for clarification, understood, all clear now.