MikroTik App

cndas
just joined
Topic Author

Weird ping output, lost i-net connection

Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:12 pm

Hi there.

OS v.6.48.6 on RouterBOARD 3011UiAS.

Over sudden can't access internet from LAN. While looking for the possible issues, noticed that when pinging gateway (ping 103.109.x.y), strange IPs appeared in output (see screenshot). Plus, packet-loss is -225%.
What does that mean? How comes that it tries to ping other IPs?? How comes that while sent out 4 packets, it received 13?? Never saw this weird ping output before...
Any ideas?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

johnson73
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Weird ping output, lost i-net connection

Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:22 pm

What does the internet provider say? Is there any ISP modem being used? Is there a way to restart it?

cndas
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:44 pm

When I connect WAN cable directly to computer, it works fine and ping command works as usual. ISP said there is no problem from their side.
I plugged WAN cable to another RB port and configured it accordingly. It works. I connected it back to the original port and it shows the same as I described above.

johnson73
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:54 pm

can you post the configuration?
/export hide-sensitive

cndas
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:03 pm

attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

johnson73
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:21 pm

You should fix the firewall section. There is no correct driving sequence, which accordingly affects the entire traffic operation. Always start with '' add action=accept chain=input comment="defconf: accept established,related,untracked"....
"Input" section - this is the section where incoming traffic comes from. The "Forward" section is the traffic that passes through the router.
The input section always ends with - add action=drop chain=input comment="drop all else"
Forward section closes - add action=drop chain=forward comment="drop all else"
I would recommend using this method as I have my own firewall built to this standard and have had no problems. viewtopic.php?t=180838

cndas
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:40 pm

You should fix the firewall section...
OK, definitely I'll consider your valuable advice. But with that config, everything was working without any issues for last year. At least, maybe even more than that. Then yesterday without any changes from my side it failed. I agree, correct FW setting will improve overall stability and efficiency. But still that does not explain the mystery of failure.

johnson73
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:48 pm

it takes a little time, you need to study in more detail