Community discussions

MikroTik App

ibbro
just joined
Topic Author

Problems moving wan to port 5 on hap ac lite

Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:22 pm

I have a new hap ac lite. from factory settings (home ap dual) it works fine with a ubiquiti bullet titanium on port 1 using a poe injector. gets wan ip, serves lan and wireless ip's, and has internet from the ubiquiti bullet. i have seen many posts on the process to move the wan port to port 5 and have followed them. it always ends up doing truly weird things - removes home ap dual or home ap from the quickset list and switches to wisp ap, switches wan back to ether 1, adds ether 5 back into the bridge list after deleting it and adding ether 1, adds ether 1 back onto dhcp client, changes from automatic ip on the quickset internet specs to static. Always ends up completely broken until another factory reset.

I'm doing this from winbox with an ethernet connection to port 2

yes, this is my first time setting up a microtik router, but i'm moderately experienced in general. currently feeling pretty stupid.

like i said, i can factory reset and run from port 1 with a poe injector, but everything i've read says it should be pretty straightforward to move wan to port 5.

thanks!