Community discussions

MikroTik App

Rox169
Topic Author

Graphs frequency

Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:20 am

Hi,
Im using hap ax2, hap ac2, atc. I would like to ask if you are using 5 minutes interval for graphs? I have few concerns with this frequency.Im saving them on disk.

1. How can I delete graphs when I will have full disk?
2. Can I check how much date is used for this log on disk?
3. Is it harmfull for internal storage, to write every 5 minutes log?

Thank you

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Graphs frequency

Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:05 pm

The graphing interval only affects the frequency of writing data to disk (which in turn affects the length of graph hole in case router is rebooted without shutdown). OTOH most storage devices used in RB devices have limited life time measured in write cycles. So it is somehow beneficial to reduce frequency of data writes.

The rest is static, you can't change the way data is stored and how graphs are drawn.
I would expect that data stored on disk is exactly data shown on graphs. I.e. 5-minute averages for daily graph (288 data points per graph), 30 minute averages for weekly graph (196 data points per graph), 2-hour averages for monthly graph (around 360 data points per graph, not clear what means "monthly" ... is it variable 28-31 days or is it fixed to 30 days) and 1-day averages for yearly graph (365 or 366 data points per graph). Which would mean that storage consumed increases one year after factory reset and then remains the same as data is pushed out in FIFO manner.
But this is only my impression and might be completely wrong.