MikroTik App

majestic
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Wireless Wire (product) dropouts

Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:58 pm

Hello Guys,

Today I receved my Wireless Wire which was ment to get aorund a problem I have in my new home. Apartment was built around 1969, its not that big, around 59 square meters on single floor, but the walls are solid/, lighting/socket cabling is old, its in pyro, so powerline adpators are not an option and cabling between front and back would be quite complex, so I grabbed one of these "wireless wire" products to see if I could get a link between front room and bedroom, because Wifi is dead in the bedroom and only 5G seems to be working.

However, best as I can to get line of sight (its almost straight) it has to pass though a thin glass pannel door and a thicker normal door but doors are both are quite thin. However, while I can get a connection (max 940-945 Mbits), it seems to die and loose connection if a door is shut or someone walks in the hallway.

I was wondering if there is any tips on how to optimize these as when it works, it works amazing, but its just a little unreliable and I was hopping there was some tweaks or suggestions roughly where they should be placed, which could be done and see if it improves.

So my question really is, would hard encoding the frequency help? as this seems to be on auto (i.e better penetration), if so I assume both sides needs to match? and are there are suggestions on what to use? also is there any way to incress the radio gain?

I have looked around but I cant really find much info about the product in the way of tweaking, probbaly because "they just work", but I wonder if theres any tweaks which can be done to see if it can resolve my dropouts.

Thanks in advance.

mistry7
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Wireless Wire (product) dropouts

Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:50 pm

60Ghz need free line of sight, impossible to pass a wall

Use cable!