Community discussions

MikroTik App

xmasin
just joined
Topic Author

ROS7 and LDP

Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:30 pm

I'm testing MPLS VPN with LDP and MP-BGP and I have found, that in ROS7 are some LDP neighbors in passive state (DOp) and from this router is not able to established BGP to route reflector which is one hop from router with passive state in LDP. When I disable LDP BGP is established immediately. I can't found what is reason to set LDP neighbor to passive state. Any suggestion how to solve this problem? I have tested ROS 7.6 and ROS 7.7 beta 6.

xmasin
just joined
Topic Author

Re: ROS7 and LDP

Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:57 pm

I have made more investigation and I have found, that from router with ROS v7 is not able to communicate using TCP protocol to any router using labeled MPLS packets. Communication works only to nearest routers which have implicit null binding in LDP bindings. After disabling LDP communication works without problem. I have tested BGP, telnet and SSH.

Network5

Re: ROS7 and LDP

Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:49 pm

Hi xmasin,

A similar problem or the same one was solved couple of days ago. You can check this in the 7.7 changelog: mpls - fixed assigning of explicit null label for IPv6.
In the case we used IPv6 for the LDP backbone and once the explicit null label parameter was set, the loopback address (transport address) started flapping, so after several seconds no tcp/upd connection could be done to/from that address.
Try with the last 7.7rc or wait for the stable 7.7.