Community discussions

MikroTik App

rururudy
just joined
Topic Author

dhcp-relay stops working - 7.5 and 7.6 - CCR2004

Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:41 pm

After a couple of weeks, the dhcp-relay stops working. This has happened twice -- we are using CCR2116 at other comparable sites and do not see any issues. The DHCPDISCOVER makes it to our central DHCP server, the DHCPOFFER gets sent out, but the client never gets it. Rebooting the CCR2004 makes things work again. :( I tried 'disable' and then 'enable' the dhcp-relay, but that didn't fix it - only a reboot got it going again. All other traffic continues to work fine through the CCR2004.

/ip dhcp-relay add add-relay-info=yes dhcp-server=1.2.3.4 disabled=no interface=vlan444 local-address=44.44.44.1 name=vlan444 relay-info-remote-id=444

1. Has anyone seen this before?
2. What do you think is busted?

Diving into the switch config, I did see we had /interface/ethernet/switch/port-isolation/ setup. I've removed that and put all the bridge ports in same horizon. I'm willing to give up HW offload to have DHCP work. Now, I have to wait 2 weeks to see if that fixed it. :)