Community discussions

MikroTik App

zett93
Topic Author

cAP AC + CAPsMAN - transmission speed not as high as it can be

Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:07 pm

Hey.

i have this question, is it possible to do something to bump up the transmission speed to the maximum possible (866Mbps)?

My Macbook Pro practically always sets the connection at 390Mbps, sometimes higher values fall in. From what I've noticed, there's no difference if I take the measurement at my desk (the cAP hangs behind a wall about 1m away) or under the AP itself. As for interference, it's clean here, I live in the countryside, so it's not a major problem. I paste below the configuration of my CAPsMAN.

I attached a screen from registration table + MacOS WiFi config

# nov/16/2022 11:00:52 by RouterOS 7.6
# software id = 23YS-AQUL
#
# model = RB760iGS
# serial number = D4500DDD9071
/caps-man channel
add band=2ghz-g/n control-channel-width=20mhz extension-channel=XX frequency=\
    2412,2437,2462 name=2.4Ghz-channel
add band=5ghz-onlyac control-channel-width=20mhz extension-channel=Ceee \
    frequency=5180,5260 name=5Ghz-channel skip-dfs-channels=no
/caps-man datapath
add bridge=bridge-vlan10-mgmt name=vlan10-datapath
add bridge=bridge-vlan20-lan name=vlan20-datapath vlan-id=20 vlan-mode=\
    use-tag
add bridge=bridge-vlan30-guest name=vlan30-datapath vlan-id=30 vlan-mode=\
    use-tag
add bridge=bridge-vlan40-devices name=vlan40-datapath vlan-id=40 vlan-mode=\
    use-tag
add bridge=bridge-vlan50-iot name=vlan50-datapath vlan-id=50 vlan-mode=\
    use-tag
/caps-man rates
add basic=11Mbps,6Mbps,9Mbps,12Mbps,18Mbps,24Mbps,36Mbps,48Mbps,54Mbps \
    ht-basic-mcs="" name=local-rates supported=\
    11Mbps,6Mbps,9Mbps,12Mbps,18Mbps,24Mbps,36Mbps,48Mbps,54Mbps
/caps-man security
add authentication-types=wpa2-psk eap-radius-accounting=no encryption=aes-ccm \
    name=temp-lan-cfg
add authentication-types=wpa2-psk encryption=aes-ccm name=guest-networrk-cfg
add authentication-types=wpa2-psk encryption=aes-ccm name=devices-network-cfg
add authentication-types=wpa2-psk encryption=aes-ccm name=iot-network-cfg
/caps-man configuration
add channel=2.4Ghz-channel country=poland datapath=vlan20-datapath \
    datapath.local-forwarding=no distance=dynamic hide-ssid=no installation=\
    any keepalive-frames=enabled mode=ap multicast-helper=full name=\
    2.4Ghz-main_network rates=local-rates security=temp-lan-cfg ssid=Z93-LAN
add channel=5Ghz-channel country=poland datapath=vlan20-datapath \
    datapath.local-forwarding=no distance=dynamic hide-ssid=no installation=\
    any keepalive-frames=enabled mode=ap multicast-helper=full name=\
    5Ghz-main_network rates=local-rates security=temp-lan-cfg ssid=Z93-LAN5
add channel=2.4Ghz-channel country=poland datapath=vlan30-datapath \
    installation=any name=2.4Ghz-guest_network rates=local-rates security=\
    guest-networrk-cfg ssid=Z93-GUEST
add channel=2.4Ghz-channel country=poland datapath=vlan40-datapath \
    installation=any name=2.4Ghz-devices_network rates=local-rates security=\
    devices-network-cfg ssid=Z93-DEVICES
add channel=2.4Ghz-channel country=poland datapath=vlan50-datapath hide-ssid=\
    no installation=any name=2.4Ghz-iot_network rates=local-rates security=\
    iot-network-cfg ssid=Z93-IOT
add channel=5Ghz-channel country=poland datapath=vlan40-datapath distance=\
    dynamic installation=any keepalive-frames=enabled name=\
    5GHz-devices_network rates=local-rates security=devices-network-cfg ssid=\
    Z93-DEVICES5
/caps-man access-list
add action=accept allow-signal-out-of-range=10s disabled=no signal-range=\
    -80..120 ssid-regexp=""
add action=accept allow-signal-out-of-range=10s comment="ESP - Korytarz" \
    disabled=no mac-address=8C:AA:B5:7B:F7:7B ssid-regexp=""
add action=accept allow-signal-out-of-range=10s comment="Watomierz ZMAI" \
    disabled=no mac-address=98:F4:AB:C2:1F:9E ssid-regexp=""
add action=accept allow-signal-out-of-range=10s comment=Pralka disabled=no \
    mac-address=A4:CF:12:77:88:90 ssid-regexp=""
add action=reject allow-signal-out-of-range=10s disabled=no signal-range=\
    -120..-81 ssid-regexp=""
/caps-man manager
set enabled=yes
/caps-man provisioning
add action=create-dynamic-enabled hw-supported-modes=gn master-configuration=\
    2.4Ghz-main_network name-format=prefix-identity name-prefix=2.4Ghz- \
    slave-configurations="2.4Ghz-main_network,2.4Ghz-guest_network,2.4Ghz-devi\
    ces_network,2.4Ghz-iot_network"
add action=create-dynamic-enabled hw-supported-modes=ac master-configuration=\
    5Ghz-main_network name-format=prefix-identity name-prefix=5Ghz- \
    slave-configurations=5GHz-devices_network
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: cAP AC + CAPsMAN - transmission speed not as high as it can be

Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:23 pm

The radio interface rate will go UP only if needed (and will obviously be upwards limited by radio channel conditions).

The problem with your configuration is use of CAPsMAN forwarding (datapath.local-forwarding=no). It adds two bottlenecks (as compared to local-forwarding=yes): one is traffic encapsulation into tunnel between CAP and CAPsMAN which causes traffic volume overhead (full-size ethernet frames have to be fragmented, also smaller frames get additional header overhead) and the other is CPU-bound encryption/decryption of the said tunnel. Both are known to reduce wireless throughput when using CAPsMAN forwarding, the magnitude depends on both cAP and CAPsMAN performance (and hEX S is not exactly speed monster).

The reduced maximum data rate (due to explained woes) mean that radio interface doesn't have to go above observed rates.

Alternative to CAPsMAN forwarding is local forwarding, which in turn requires proper configuration of bridge on cAP device and the trunk connection between cAP and main router. This config has to be done manually on cAP itself, CAPsMAN doesn't touch that part of CAP devices. The benefit is that it avoids all the overhead described above and usually allow for maximum possible wireless speeds.

gotsprings
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:28 pm

I always advocate for local forwarding... it makes it that much easier to change your wireless to another vendor, once reality sets in.

But as for connection speed... that's a negotiated thing between client and AP. And remember you are using WIFi5 V1. No MU-MIMO or any of the other enhancements of the 2016 update to the wifi spec.

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:45 pm

But as for connection speed... that's a negotiated thing between client and AP
Indeed defined between client and AP, both directions are independent.

This MCS05=520Mbps and MCS07=650Mbps used here, with 80MHz dual stream, normally means (apart from the fact that there might be no need to rise the interface rate, or that the interface rate is young and still rising) , that the finer encoding with 256-QAM did not succeed in this connection, and the speed fell back to 64-QAM.

See MCSINDEX.COM
Klembord-2.jpg
The mechanism is described in the MT wiki (Wifi troubleshooting). The not-acked-transmission will be retried "hw-retries" times before it is counted as a failure, what will initiate a MCS rate step-down.
A successful transmission will initiate a MCS rate step-up. (Step-up can be MCS increase or going from 1S to 2S, or from 0.8µs to SGI 0.4µs.) Doing so, will converge the interface rate around it's usable max rate.

Wall's, reflections and interference distort transmissions, making high QAM transmissions too blurred to be decodeable.

Experience has shown that the MCS rate step-up in MT devices is slow. With a new connection, you can easily see the slow increments in the "registration table". (Try to understand what you see, As from time to time the basic rate is show there!) Other brands are faster in step-up, and may even allow you to select the rate adjustment algoritm. (eg Draytek).

Interface rate adjustment should not depend on CAPsMAN or not, unless the CAPsMAN data link (CAPWAN tunnel) is only slowly feeding the AP. [But the CCQ would be 100% in that case, as all transmissions succeed]

PS:see this for the Intel rate adaptation algorithm (RAA) : https://remy.grunblatt.org/pdfs/Simulat ... orithm.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by bpwl on Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zett93
Topic Author

Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:59 pm

OK,

thanks for the comprehensive answer :) I think it was the last answer that most described what I was thinking of.

However, as far as CAPsMAN is concerned - local forwarding does not work for me, the moment I turn off "Discovery Interfaces" I get the error "CAP did not find suitable CAPsMAN" over and over again.

MGMT connection is via VLAN (it is added to the interface, it gets an address from DHCP), on CAP I have a bridge done (wlan1+wlan2+ether1), CAP sees HEX, firewall on HEX allows UDP/5246,5247, unfortunately it does not work. The moment I turn on "Discovery Interfaces" - everything returns to normal (of course, then I have to add a bridge in the datapath configuration on the capsman side). Maybe continuing with the topic of speed optimization you will have some idea what I am doing wrong.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:57 pm

When toggling between local- and capsman-forwarding you don't change discovery interface ... that one is necessary for provisioning. You only change setting in datapath part on capsman. Also make sure bridge, mentioned in capsman datapath setup exists on clients and is configured with necessary VLANs.

zett93
Topic Author

Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:43 am

Then maybe I misunderstood something, because reading various information (including MUMs) everywhere using the Local forwarding option (in datapath on CAPSMAN), on CAP discovery interfaces was empty, and capsman address was given.

An interesting fact is that if I leave discovery interfaces set, master interfaces still have CAPsMAN forwarding, while slave interfaces display local forwarding (regardless of how it is set in datapath). For testing at this point on both sides, I disabled vlan filtering on the bridges.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:53 am

Re. discovery: CAP device can either auto-discover CAPsMAN if it's present in same L2 network and it uses discovery interface for that. Or it can communicate via IP to CAPsMAN in any routed network but needs CAPsMAN's address (the usual routing rules apply).

Re. local/remote forwarding: check CAPsMAN config that all applicable datapaths have local-forwarding enabled explicitly, I don't remember which is default setting.

I don't think you can see actual setting on CAP under wireless. You should see all wireless interfaces as bridge ports on CAP client though - use print command, export won't show that info.

zett93
Topic Author

Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:36 am

OK, in my case it can be L2 option (but I don't understand why IP connection doesn't work - maybe this will be next lesson for me :))

And about local forwarding - that was my missclick in Configurations tab (i missed that in one configuration "Local forwarding" option was not hidden, and not checked, so it overrides my datapath config) - now all works brilliant. But VLAN Filtering is not enabled yet.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:04 pm

But VLAN Filtering is not enabled yet.
Make sure you enable safe mode before enabling VLAN-filtering. If things go wrong, they go really bad on L2.

BrateloSlava
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:47 pm

There are several options for placing access points on the network.
Schematically, I displayed them in this figure.
In option #3, the "local forwarding" mode didn't work for me anywhere.

netdiag-lan-and-wifi-ap.png

An example of option #3 is a building with several floors.

gotsprings
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:39 pm

You can seriously have a cap connect to caps-man across layer 3. I had the wap at my in-laws controlled by the router at my house.

I did this over direct port forwarding.
Over VPN
And over xvlan

Point being you have to make sure you allow the traffic from the caps to the caps-manager.

Once that's done... Caps can connect and get a config with nothing more than caps-man enabled after reset (if you are in the same IP scope). If you need to hit a server elsewhere... You tell the device to go find the caps-manager.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:44 pm

With local forwarding it's vital that whole L2 infrastructure and settings on all involved devices can support the needs. In case #3 by @BrateloSlava it could happen that not all switches are configured with all necessary VLANs. CAPsMAN forwarding largely skips the proper LAN infrastructure setup problems as it tends to work if CAP can connect CAPsMAN. It also allows some more fancy stuff (like filtering traffic between wireless clients in a single point - CAPsMAN bridge) that is otherwise hard to achieve.
But as explained, performance wise it can be a hog ...

And no, multiple floor physical layout doesn't explain why local forwarding doesn't work ...

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:45 pm

You can seriously have a cap connect to caps-man across layer 3.

Yup, as I said, usual routing rules apply (and firewall as well, I thought that's obvious).

BrateloSlava
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:19 pm

@zett93 Show me, please, full text configuration of your AP. Without serial numbers and etc. With bridge and VLANs info.
And a question along the way. When you enable "local forwarding" mode for access points, do wireless clients not get IP addresses from DHCP server?

@mkx Most likely I do not understand or do not know something. Consider scheme #3. Imagine a simple network with no VLAN, the "primary" router is a DHCP and CAPsMAN server. The router has only one bridge configured. Switches are connected through the LAN ports of the router. Some switches can be cascaded. Access points are connected to the switch ports. All switches are also configured with a single bridge. We get one "big" L2 network.
Activate the "local forwarding" mode. Wireless clients receive IP addresses and start moving between access points. As soon as the client connects to an access point that is connected to a different switch, not the same one as the previous one, the connection is lost. This does not happen when using "capsman forwarding".
If necessary, I will make a simple text configuration of the devices of such a network. To clarify configuration errors.
Why am I describing such a "simple" network scheme (several switches and no VLAN) - it's easier for me to assemble it from the equipment that I have at home.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:57 pm

As soon as the client connects to an access point that is connected to a different switch, not the same one as the previous one, the connection is lost. This does not happen when using "capsman forwarding".

This sounds to me as trouble with switches not updating their ARP tables properly. Or some funky configuration somewhere in L2 network, can't tell without some advanced troubleshooting. And I've seen this bug happen even with switches by most renowned brand. I can imagine even some "security features" on switches to cause such behaviour.
It's not a bug of local-forwarding but in such case capsman forwarding is a (welcome) workaround. If this was a general problem with wireless clients roaming, then roaming in wireless network without CAPsMAN would not work at all ... while in reality it does (and until CAPsMAN starts to speak 802.11 r/k/v it works equally well).

BrateloSlava
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:19 pm

@mkx
I assembled a "small and simple network" at home according to scheme #3. Before that, everything worked for me according to scheme #1. The access points were directly connected to the router, and the rest of the devices worked through the CRS326 switch.

hAP ac3 (172.22.99.254) as router, DHCP and CAPsMAN server.
hEX (172.22.99.253) as switch #1
cAP ac (172.22.99.252) as AP #1
RB951G (172.22.99.251) as switch #2
wAP R ac (172.22.99.250) as AP #2
CAPsMAN_Test_.png

Access points are currently configured to connect to CAPsMAN via L3. The "local forwarding" mode does not work with this network scheme. Switching access points to search for the CAPsMAN server via L2 does not change anything and the "local forwarding" mode also remains inoperative.

Ca6ko

Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:53 pm

@BrateloSlava
1. CAPsMAN forwarding
On a CAP, the wlan interfaces are not in the bridge. Otherwise loop messages on the capsman controller and RSTP triggering disabling the ports. Since the same MAC comes from different interfaces.
2. Local forwarding
On the CAP, the wlan interfaces are in the bridge.
You need to look in the logs sometimes false RSTP triggering happens and you have to disable it on the bridge of the capsman manager
For experiments it is better to use provisioning add action=create-enabled instead of action=create-dynamic-enabled

PS If you want we can contact you, I will help you tweak some wifi settings.
PSS When the access points are powered from the CRS328 then it is more convenient to configure the capsman on it.

BrateloSlava
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Nov 19, 2022 4:49 pm

@Ca6ko
As I wrote earlier, in the case when all access points are connected to one router or one switch, there are no problems.
The problem arises when there is a cascade of switches. Moreover, this chain of switches has branchings. And somewhere in these chains, access points are connected.

A wireless network client roams between points on such a network. From the point of view of the CAPsMAN server - the MAC address of the device of such a client appears in "completely unexpected" places on the network. It is possible, that I am explaining my point of view in terms that are not entirely correct, but as long as the client is near one point and talking through the messenger, there are no problems. Moved to another access point - the connection was interrupted. Rather, there is a reconnection in the messenger.
In the case when the forwarding mode via CAPsMAN is used, this situation is not observed.

That's why today I put together the "simplest network" at home, in which there is a problem when using "local forwarding". A router to which access points are connected via separate switches.
In this scheme, there are no difficulties, the "simplest" bridges, a single address space, no VLAN.

I gave the configuration of all devices. RTSP on bridges I turned on and off. I tried adding wireless interfaces to bridges before connecting to CAPsMAN. No difference. In the "local forwarding" mode, wireless interfaces are dynamically added with the necessary parameters to the bridges on the access points. When using CAPsMAN forwarding, these local wireless interfaces on access points are automatically disabled from local bridges.

P.S. Thank you for your willingness to help with a personal consultation. But for me it is important to understand my mistakes myself. Perhaps there is some step-by-step instruction for configuring CAPsMAN in a situation where access points are "scattered" over the network. At work, I very often have to make networks "work fine", that others have designed and installed.
PSS. About action=create-enabled instead of action=create-dynamic-enabled. In my current configuration, access points are generally described statically, with binding to MAC addresses. Therefore, new elements in the "CAP interfaces" section are not created at all.
Last edited by BrateloSlava on Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:03 pm

@BrateloSlava: I've had a (quick) look at config files ... nothing really hits me as wrong, the only thing which might interfere are arp settings on DHCP server. There have been some questions on this forum about what exactly "add-arp=yes" option does and it seems to have some security implications ... which can kick in when a device needs to move between bridge ports. I'd set that option to default (which is "add-arp=no") and see if it helps.

BrateloSlava
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:18 pm

I'd set that option to default (which is "add-arp=no") and see if it helps.

Bingo! A completely unexpected result. Many thanks to @mkx for the tip.

I use "ARP reply-only" in some places, so I use the "Add ARP For Leases" setting in the DHCP server.
This option has never caused any noticeable problems in the network, so I almost without thinking turn it on on all DHCP servers.

After @mkx brought this option to my attention, I read the documentation again and did some experiments.

TOTAL: if you decide to use the "local forwarding" mode for access points, you should refuse such "protections" through ARP.

As soon as a new device registers on the wireless network and the "Add ARP For Leases" option is set in the DHCP server, the MAC address and interface mapping is set in the ARP table and never changes. Even when moving the client. For such "hard" matches, the DCH flag is set.

Some NOTES on updating information about the current location of the MAC address of the wireless device.
Screenshot_ARP.png

The information is relevant for the case when the access points are not connected directly to the router. Those. the network diagram is similar to #3.
  1. If the CAPsMAN server is installed on the router and the "capsman forwarding" mode is used, the information is updated synchronously.
  2. If the CAPsMAN server is installed on any device other than the router and the "local forwarding" mode is used, the information is updated synchronously.
  3. If the CAPsMAN server is installed on the router and the "local forwarding" mode is used, the information in the "ARP List" window is updated with a delay of 5-10 minutes.
I don't know how important the information that is displayed in the "ARP List" window is, whether this information is a reference or is used somewhere.
For myself, I decided not to have the CAPsMAN server on the router.

PS. In the middle of next week, I have a trip to the factory with a "normal" network: 47 wireless points that are "scattered" among the switches in the network. With multiple wireless networks and multiple VLANs. There I will check these "research" for the "local forwarding" mode.

zett93
Topic Author

Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:20 am

Hi,

sorry for delay, that was busy weekend, @BrateloSlava, here is export from one of my cAPs:

All works fine over L2, but if I disable "discovery interfaces" in CAP setting, and set CAPsMAN IP address it never works for me - i don't know why (IP address on CAP is set and i can ping to the router in VLAN10-MGMT)
/interface bridge
add admin-mac=08:55:31:53:68:1D auto-mac=no comment=defconf name=bridgeLocal
/interface wireless
# managed by CAPsMAN
# channel: 2462/20-eC/gn(18dBm), SSID: Z93, local forwarding
set [ find default-name=wlan1 ] disabled=no ssid=MikroTik station-roaming=\
    enabled
# managed by CAPsMAN
# channel: 5260/20-Ceee/ac/DP(17dBm), SSID: Z93, local forwarding
set [ find default-name=wlan2 ] disabled=no ssid=MikroTik station-roaming=\
    enabled
/interface vlan
add interface=bridgeLocal name=VLAN10-HEX vlan-id=10
/interface lte apn
set [ find default=yes ] ip-type=ipv4 use-network-apn=no
/interface wireless security-profiles
set [ find default=yes ] supplicant-identity=MikroTik
/routing table
add fib name=""
/interface bridge port
add bridge=bridgeLocal comment=defconf ingress-filtering=no interface=ether1
add bridge=bridgeLocal interface=wlan1
add bridge=bridgeLocal interface=wlan2
/ip neighbor discovery-settings
set discover-interface-list=!dynamic
/ip settings
set max-neighbor-entries=8192
/interface wireless cap
# 
set bridge=bridgeLocal discovery-interfaces=bridgeLocal enabled=yes \
    interfaces=wlan1,wlan2
/ip dhcp-client
add interface=VLAN10-HEX
/ip service
set telnet disabled=yes
set www disabled=yes
set winbox address=10.10.10.0/24,10.10.20.0/24 port=28291
/system clock
set time-zone-name=Europe/Warsaw
/system identity
set name="cAP - Kuchnia"
/system leds
add interface=wlan2 leds=user-led type=wireless-signal-strength
/system logging
add topics=caps
/system ntp client
set enabled=yes
/system ntp client servers
add address=10.10.0.2
/tool romon
set enabled=yes

gotsprings
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:57 am

You turned off discovery interface?

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:28 pm

I thank this thread for once again proving my sentiments
Hence my conclusion is that capsman is a waste of time mainly because its overly complex.
As for 866 PALEASE.

the right answer for this thread should have been reply #1
866 / 3 = 288Mbps should be the approx real world speeds one expects out of the capac ( +/-50Mbps )

For older wifi5 take advertised two way speed and divide by 2, then account for wifi losses, local interference and propogation paths, walls etc.......
Thus 433- losses=???? (dependent upon placement of AP, other APs in the area etc.)
The 1/3 rule, for older wifi devices was a decent marker.

zett93
Topic Author

Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:51 pm

@gotsprings - yes, "discovery interfaces" was disabled when i tried to configure CAPsMAN adresses - but it never start to work for me (error with "no capsman found etc..)

@anav - i understand the "division rule", but my question was about setting 866Mbps connection, because all of my devices that can do it (Macbook Pro M1 for instance) are set to 390Mbps/520Mbps etc.. Even if my device is super close to the AP (30cm).

gotsprings
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:48 pm

Even when you manually enter the location of the caps MANAGER... You have to have discovery interface set.

That's the interface it sets for the Ethernet connection. Then the wifi interfaces have to be set to be "picked up" (configured).

zett93
Topic Author

Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:35 pm

@gotsprings - so, ending that subject block - now it's working :) but that's crazy that in all tutorials (including official MUM pdfs) i read, was written, that in local forwarding mode "discovery interfaces" should be empty, and only "capsman addresses" should be set to proper capsman's server ip address. It's little confused, but next lesson is checked :)

whatever

Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:00 pm

I think there was a change for this setting not too long ago, which basically changed it from a deny- to an allow-list. Previously you had to pay very close attention to keep your infrastructure safe, now it's more reasonable.

gotsprings
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:33 pm

Zett93

As I keep pointing out. I spent a ton of time and effort on caps-man before I accepted:
"A great control interface of these radios... Ain't gonna fly."