Community discussions

MikroTik App

pukka
just joined
Topic Author

Random Reboots

Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:27 pm

We have an ongoing problem with V7 and random reboots on 1 site, Its a basic config with a wireguard link to another site and L2TP VPN from external users.

So far we have had 2x RB5009 and 1x Hex s on this site all with the same symptoms. "router rebooted without proper shutdown, probably power outage" we have changed the power supplies and its connected to a UPS (we have also tried direct to the mains) We were told by support both of the RB5009 were faulty ticket [SUP-78426] so they were returned to the suppler, we installed a Hex s and I manually rebuilt the config but we are still seeing the same problem support once again said it was hardware fault [SUP-88209]

I dont think its hardware and more a software problem, connected to the router is a Nokia FTTP ONT and Mikrotik Switch

Anyone have any pointers?

Paul

mamakap
just joined

Re: Random Reboots

Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:40 pm

I too facing the same issue with my hAP ax2, power connected to an UPS and network connect to my RB5009. I begin to suspect it is the software problem.

pukka
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:53 pm

Are you running wireguard or L2TP VPN at all?

pukka
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:05 pm

I swapped the Mikrotik switch for a Unifi Switch, we were still getting random reboots. So I factory reset the router and manually created the rules and wireguard connection. The router rebooted again this morning with the same error.