Community discussions

MikroTik App

St3v3
just joined
Topic Author

CRS3xx Hardware offload VS SwichOs bandwidth

Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:37 pm

Hello,
I need to update the infrastructure in our company. We have 3 CRS 317 and CRS 326 in RouterOs. But theses CRS are use than a basic switch.
When I checked the switching result in the CRS page, there is a big difference between the ethernet bridging result and switching.
I know some of features are not available in SwitchOS, but i just want to compare the speed for the moment.
Who is faster for switching, RouterOs+Hardware Offload=On or use SwitchOs. I can't find informations about that.
Thank you to help me in my reflexion

chechito
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: CRS3xx Hardware offload VS SwichOs bandwidth  [SOLVED]

Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:07 pm

for switching ther is no difference between RouterOs+Hardware Offload=On(CRS) or SwitchOs(CSS), because hardware ASIC do the forwarding

The Advantages of CRS over CSS models are some Functionalities and Manageability

I only recommend CSS for very Basic Projects, for anything else it's worth the CRS
Last edited by chechito on Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

St3v3
just joined
Topic Author

Re: CRS3xx Hardware offload VS SwichOs bandwidth

Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:04 pm

for switching ther is no difference between RouterOs+Hardware Offload=On(CRS) or SwitchOs(CSS), because hardware SIC do the forwarding

The Advantages of CRS over CSS models are some Functionalities and Manageability

I only recommend CSS for very Basic Projects, for anything else it's worth the CRS
Thank you for your answer. I will keep my CRS with RouterOS.