Community discussions

MikroTik App

syadnom
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Topic Author

DHCP Radius reply as variables? for script?

Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:01 am

I'm trying to push some data back to my mikrotik DHCP server via radius, but I can't find any reference to the attributes being available for scripting in the DHCP server. ie, I can reply with a queue and that will get converted into a dynamic simple queue, but can I can't find a reference to get that data into a variable to use in the DHCP script unless keep DHCP on log debug and scrape it which is really ugly.

Is this possible? There are a dozen things I want to do from data that the mikrotik IS receiving (it's in the DHCP/radius debug log on the mikrotik) but I dont have a sane way to retrieve the data.

Thanks.

markdyer
just joined

Re: DHCP Radius reply as variables? for script?

Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:20 am

HI syadnom , I was trying to figure out how to contact you, sorry for jumping on your post.
Did you have any luck with DHCP and Assigning IPS by device port? So if another device was swapped out, it would pickup the existing allocated IP to that Ethernet port.

Thanks,

syadnom
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Topic Author

Re: DHCP Radius reply as variables? for script?

Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:24 am

HI syadnom , I was trying to figure out how to contact you, sorry for jumping on your post.
Did you have any luck with DHCP and Assigning IPS by device port? So if another device was swapped out, it would pickup the existing allocated IP to that Ethernet port.

Thanks,
If your radius server responds with "framed-ip-address' then it will give the new client that address. The old one should have gone away when the lease timer ran out