Community discussions

MikroTik App

SweetSpotApiary
just joined
Topic Author

Moving from Bridged Ptmp to routed questions

Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:38 am

Howdy everyone. I own an Apiary and we have a large property with a single tower with Starlink and a bridged wisp style distribution. For 3 years I had a 3 radio PTMP bridged setup and it worked well, suddenly I could get my vlans everywhere. After while I started getting more hardware that I needed local access to at one of the locations and got tired of everything taking a ride over the wireless to get to my router to then come back to the same location. So I decided I needed to convert over to L3 "islands" so if my link to my tower (where the current "router on a stick" is) goes down I don't lose access to all my local hardware on other vlans. I have mocked it all up in eve-ng but the problem is eve-ng wont let me create a wireless link using the mikrotik vROS image, nor will it let me assign 2 devices to a single link so I had to create a fake "hub" to simulate the ptmp as best I could.

I have 2 netbox5s and a SXTsq5 with one large bridges network
This is what I am trying to achieve
new Homelab - Top level Trunk diagram goog.png
This is what I simulated in eve-ng using what I could but only ethernet links. I have a level 4 license for the main tower, and the other 2 have level 3 licenses and for the moment are configured as a WISP AP for the main and CPE for the 2 satellite locations. Once I start reconfiguring everything my internet is toast until I am done so I need to get my procedure right, before I start or I am going to make some people I live with pretty unhappy.

Can I leave the radio config as is, but just configure addresses for each interface and simply put in static routes like they are ethernet interfaces?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SweetSpotApiary
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Moving from Bridged Ptmp to routed questions

Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:00 pm

Here is my current interface list for the main tower Mikrotik. Is there anything here I need to change like delete the trunk bridge?
interfacelistmain tower.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.