Community discussions

MikroTik App

KAPRANOV
just joined
Topic Author

Hotspot cookies

Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:07 pm

Hello everybody. I'm trying to set up Hotspot, but I can't figure out how to make the user's trial cookies last for 12 hours from the start of the session. That is, even if the user disconnects for several hours and then reconnects to the network, he will be allowed to access the Internet without a second request for authorization. I know how to implement this with profiles, but I have not been able to do it for trial users.
Also, no redirection occurs after successful authorization.
RoS 7.6

Grandson09
just joined

Re: Hotspot cookies

Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:55 am

Hello everybody. I'm trying to set up Hotspot, but I can't figure out how to make the user's trial cookies last for 12 hours from the start of the session. That is, even if the user disconnects for several hours and then reconnects to the network, he will be allowed to access the Internet without a second request for authorization. I know how to implement this with profiles, but I have not been able to do it for trial users.
Also, no redirection occurs after successful authorization.
RoS 7.6
You should be sure and calm because no one can steal your data if you allow the site's cookies. It is not a threat.

KAPRANOV
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Hotspot cookies

Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:49 am

I figured out the cookie. Now the redirect doesn't work. That is, it works, but the window immediately closes.