Community discussions

MikroTik App

MrDeepFreeze
just joined
Topic Author

Mikrotik LHG LTE and T-Mobile SIM very slow Internet

Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:17 am

I have a Mikrotik LHG LTE and T-Mobile Tablet SIM. I'm using the fast.t-mobile.com APN with all other Mikrotik settings being default. I can get Internet access but the speeds are very slow and never get above 0.4Mbps. I know someone who has the exact same hardware and SIM card but he gets over 80Mbps. He purchased his device and service from a local WISP who is reselling the T-Mobile service along with the LHG LTE device. We do not know the admin password for his Mikrotik so we can not compare the configurations. What do I need to configure in my Mikrotik to get it working properly with the T-Mobile service? Thanks to anyone who might know.

MrDeepFreeze
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Mikrotik LHG LTE and T-Mobile SIM very slow Internet

Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:05 pm

I found that if I add a Firewall rule on the Mangle tab and set the TTL to 65 that my speeds go from about 0.5Mbps to around 18Mbps. This is a great find but I know more speed can be obtained because a local WISP is doing this with the same exact hardware and SIM. I just don't know how to fully and correctly configure the Mikrotik LHG LTE. Looking for any suggestions. Thanks.

MrDeepFreeze
just joined
Topic Author

Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:21 pm

It is working now that I set the TTL to 65. Once I moved the Mikrotik outside and aimed it better I got the speeds I was expecting.

desk0kuzmanov
just joined

Mon Jun 12, 2023 7:21 pm

Hi, I'm with the same problem as you. Bought the LHG LTE, but so far the speed is even lower than my LTE TP-Link router.

Can you please tell me how exactly did you setup the TTL so i can replicate your settings and try if it helps?

kiloon
just joined

Thu Jun 22, 2023 2:44 pm

Hey folks! I was troubleshooting this issue and I got lots of experience to track down LTE device issues.
So here is a solution for you to try.
Just copy and paste in the terminal: