Community discussions

MikroTik App

janusz
just joined
Topic Author

How to set up a Guest WiFi on a cAP running in switch mode?

Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:42 am

Hi everyone! I have a cAP ac running in switch mode, i.e. my ISP router provides DHCP and cAP ac is just acting as a switch with wireless capability. Wireless clients end up in the same segment that ISP router (Home LAN). And this is fine.

Now, I'd like to add a Guest LAN WiFi on a cAP ac. Guest LAN clients should be isolated from the Home LAN. See the diagram explaining what I'm after.
Screenshot from 2022-12-05 09-36-59.png
I was able to create an additional bridge for Guest LAN, virtual wlan interface and a DHCP server. Guest LAN clients are able to connect to the AP but I guess I'm missing NAT so that these clients can access the upstream ISP router and eventually Internet.

If cAP ac was not running in switch mode, that would have probably been easy. But my goal is to have both wired Home LAN clients connected directly to ISP router and wireless Home LAN clients connected to cAP ac in the same segment -- that's why I'm running cAP in switch mode.

Can it be done?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.