Community discussions

MikroTik App

gasperz
just joined
Topic Author

firstimer wAP RBwAP2nD

Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:59 pm

Hello,

i have my first mikrotik RBwAP2nD and i have some how managed to broke or something. On the first boot everything went smoothly but somewhere when i was checking things in settings something stopped working (i am sure i might have selected or turned on/off something) then i tried to reset it and i must have probably messed that too because now i have dhcp enabled i get the ip 169.254.183.169, the lights are on, but even netinstall doesnt find the router to try to reinstall os.

Please help, all idea are welcome.

Sob
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: firstimer wAP RBwAP2nD

Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:32 pm

I'd start with WinBox and try to connect to device's MAC address.

gasperz
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:56 pm

yes i some how managed to connect via Winbox but i can only connect to it if i try to put it in net install mode. then i can access everything from winbox but i dont seem to figure out how to get it working properly or how to put it in default mode so i can start everything from the beginning like out of the box.

Sob
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:16 am

No. If you're able to connect using WinBox, it's in normal running mode. Netinstall mode is when it boots from network and waits for being installed. You probably haven't mastered the art of button pressing and only reset it. :) I don't know what this device defaults to, generally there are several modes (or better initial configs) like router, AP, etc. I prefer to reset it completely and start with blank config, but it depends on your knowledge whether it's for you. If you know something about networks in general, you could get by. Otherwise it's probably better to use Quick Set (in left menu) to select some starting config.