Community discussions

MikroTik App

linuxitojr
just joined
Topic Author

IPv6 problems

Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:29 am

Hello everyone

Currently I have the following problems with a basic IPv6 scenario, I share the images of the implemented topology, the problem is that I have no connectivity between the PC's of both networks, I also share that when PC2 tries to have connectivity with icmpv6 PC2 sends to the router solicitation and does not receive the router Advertisement from the Gateway with the information of the destination host.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

StubArea51
Trainer
Trainer

Re: IPv6 problems

Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:22 am

The first thing i'd try is a traceroute from either PC to understand what hop the traffic dies at.

If you're using the virtual PC node with EVE-NG, I don't believe that supports IPv6 SLAAC so make sure the PCs have a valid GUA address and can ping their gateways.

linuxitojr
just joined
Topic Author

Re: IPv6 problems

Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:54 pm

I have done the labs with GNS3 and on physical routers, additionally I am configuring the WAN and LAN interfaces with GUA and it is static configuration.

Additionally when I do a tracert from PC1 to PC2 I only get as far as the second router.

When the PCs do icmpv6 to their gateway they send in RS but do not receive the RA.