Community discussions

MikroTik App

jrestr29
just joined
Topic Author

IGMP Querier not working on Mikrotiik + Cisco SG500X

Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:29 pm

Hey guys!

I'm having an issue with Multicast that's breaking my mind.

I have a remote node where I have a source with 150 channels (about 5mbps each) that I'm sending using multicast over a fiber to my central node. There it goes into the server that needs these channels.

In the remote node I have a RB3011 and a Cisco SG500X, in the central node I have a CCR2004 and a CRS326, the RB3011 and CCR2004 are connected through the fiber and distributes over each switch mentioned. The issue with this approach is that I start getting image pixelation on every channel so I went ahead and delete the RB3011 and CCR2004 and connected both fiber interfaces to each switch (Cisco SG500X and CRS326) with this approach the image works perfectly but I have some receivers connected to the CRS326 that stops getting the multicast each 260seconds, which means the IGMP querier isn't working.

So far the IGMP querier is enabled only in the SG500X but not in the CRS326 (looks like it doesn't has an option for it in the IGMP snooping).

Do I need to have IGMP querier on each switch?
The best approach is to have the RB3011 and CCR2004 back dealing with the link and doing there IGMP querier but I don't have idea why the image starts suffering pixelation, any idea about this?

Thanks in advance !