Community discussions

MikroTik App

diabolusss
just joined
Topic Author

Chateau LTE12 band 20 issues  [SOLVED]

Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:33 pm

Hello,
On Chateau LTE12 router I have an issue with lte Band 20.
Router is located in 1 storey house close to a tower (~1-2km), and have external antenna attached.
I have no troubles to connect to band 1 and 3 using any interface configuration (with default settings or enabling only specified bands), but to get stable connection on band 20 i need to specifically limit lte interface band to 20 and set network mode to lte only.
(i use cell locking to switch between them)
  • Band 3 (CA 1, 20) have good speeds (Best: ~173Mbps Down, ~60Mbps Up), but is very unstable (sinr jumps in range from 0 to 25 dBm, and rsrq is below -7.5 dB, rssi most of the time > -35 dBm).
  • Band 1 (CA 3, 20) have average speeds ( ~100 Mbps Down, ~40Mbps Up), and most of the time connection on that band is stable (sinr is quite stable - doesn't have so frequent fluctuations like B3 and doesn't drop below ~-12 dBm, rsrq is similar to B3, rssi is a little bit worse - > -55dBm).
  • Band 20 (No CA, as CA 1 is not stable enough - can't recover from link down) have acceptable speeds (Best: ~65 Mbps Down, ~22Mbps Up) and have the best signal quality (sinr >= 20dBm, rsrq > -8 dB, rssi > -30 dBm).
screenshot-thingspeak.com-2022-12-21-17-29-14-248.png
thingspeak_b20_2022-12-24_21-52-53.png
modem revision: EG12EAPAR01A12M4G
ros: 7.6
If i limit lte interface to band 20 and enable lte network mode only, then the modem manages to get stable connection on that band.
If 3G network mode is enabled or lte interface is not limited to 20 band only, then connection drops in around 10-20 seconds after connecting and after a while tries again with the same result.
Accidentally, i've noticed that after getting stable connection on 20 band (lte network mode only, only band 20 enabled on interface) it's possible to add band 1 for interface and modem will successfully use it as secondary band. However, this connection doesn't live long and drops in around few minutes. The problem with this configuration is that modem won't make any successful connection because of additional band 1 (check log.1_C20+C20CA1-fail.txt), i.e. right now is possible to get stable connection on band 20 only by limiting interface configuration to lte mode and band 20.

Would someone know the possible cause of this? And maybe a way to fix this?
Thank you in advance.

UPD 230119 Response from operator support (google translated)
-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Re: Re: mājas internets (līgums ***)
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 10:13:56 +0000
To: me
Good afternoon!
I have received a reply from my colleagues about your situation.
The base station is capable of doing aggregation taking Band 20 as "primary", which we can see from the statistical data. There are machines that can do this and do 20+3+1 or 20+1+3, but we don't see your machine being able to do that.
Nor do we see any outages to the base station itself. The data flow is uninterrupted.
In your case, there are probably problems with the device itself or with the configuration. You can factory reset the device and perform updates if available.

UPD 231122
The final resolution is to change the tower. Today, Bite "helped" to figure it out by powering down the closest tower, so I've been forced to switch to some other tower. The funniest thing is that only the farthest one worked and remained stable. The most important aspect is that it uses B20 as the primary band with CA bands 3+1. I was cautious, so initially, I enabled B20, and it remained stable for a long time. Seeing that result, after a while, I decided to check how it would behave with all bands enabled — and it's working great.

Throughout the day, the modem was connected to B20 as the primary, and there were no glitches, unlike before. I should note that I haven't upgraded ROS or changed any configuration, just the modem firmware. However, it didn't help with the mentioned tower above.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by diabolusss on Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:33 pm, edited 5 times in total.

hecatae
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Chateau LTE12 band 20 issues

Fri Dec 23, 2022 9:57 pm

Hi,

Can you confirm country and mobile network provider?

diabolusss
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Chateau LTE12 band 20 issues

Sat Dec 24, 2022 9:43 pm

Hi,
Can you confirm country and mobile network provider?
Hi,
It's Latvia - Bite.