Community discussions

MikroTik App

rumahnetmks
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Hotspot strange behavior from 7.1 to 7.6 (v6 just fine)

Thu Dec 29, 2022 5:00 am

Months ago I have switch from v.6.48 to v 7.1. RB4011 using basic hotspot and pppoe server with UserManager as its Radius.
I notice some errors
* General ROS7 Hotspot Error for hostpot behavior for login page like I posted at viewtopic.php?p=974574#p974574 that STILL EXIST to ROS 7.6 . I read some about route marking? I'm not sure... Have try with default hotspot html. (fixed at 7.8 TESTED)
* Error for pppoe client that using OpenWRT client to dial for my RB4011 pppoe server will result 'RADIUS not Responding', that HAVE BEEN FIXED at ROS 7.4 viewtopic.php?t=187760#p947498 , while the next problem in the post fixed at v7.5 (forget to respond about it at 7.5 thread)
* There case where user have login at the hotspot and all working fine, with use 'DHCP Add ARP for Lease', user hotspot authenticated by UserManager and get internet conection.
Problems occur if somehow Mikrotik router have to restart (loss power, manual restart etc). When all back online I notice for v7 (to 7.6) user will be disconnected with ARP TABLE status print code 'DIH' with red for the user ip and mac, result it wont display the hotspot login page to the user (client private DNS OFF). For show up the login page back, the user have to turn off their phone wifi first then at Winbox I disable his phone DHCP leases entry, then re-enable it again. After this way, the user will turn on the wifi, connect to the AP, we can see ARP TABLE status print code 'DCH' with black for the user ip and mac (not red 'DIH' like before), then the hotspot login page will open.
This error can be happen too if someone that at ARP TABLE status dont exist yet, but have exist in static DHCP leases and hotspot binding. Then the user try to connect to the AP. When have login to the AP they will got that 'DIH' red error too. To make them connect just do like procedure before.
So everytime user got that red 'DIH' error, mikrotik admin have to repeat that procedure (client turn off his/her phone wifi, mikrotik admin have disable and re-enable the static dhcp leases entry, client turn on his/her wifi back and login to the hotspot).
Even for device that have static arp entry at ARP TABLE, it will have this error too if that device is restart or reboot. An Android STB that before connected by wire successfully, after reboot/restart it will get that red error (just red writing status, not 'DIH', because this is a static ARP TABLE entry). For that, I must unplug the ethernet cable, disable and re-enable that static ARP Table entry and plug the ethernet cable back, connection will be restored.
This behavior not happen in V6.48. I think something with DHCP, add ARP for leases behavior and hotspot thingy need to be fixed somehow since it working fine in 6.48.
Maybe others have some advice, enlightment or correction?
Last edited by rumahnetmks on Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:14 am, edited 5 times in total.

rumahnetmks
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Re: Hotspot strange behavior from 7.1 to 7.6 (v6 just fine)

Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:42 am

Just to inform at 7.7 stable, the three error up there still occurred.

rumahnetmks
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:44 am

Just to inform at 7.8 stable, only last entry error still there. About device static arp entry at arp table, no need to disable and re-enable that static ARP Table entry. Simply unplug and plug the ethernet cable, the connection will be restored back.
After netinstal 7.8stable, I manage to access login page from browser.

rumahnetmks
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:51 am

Latest found, seems arp reply-only bug as mention by @flaviojunior at viewtopic.php?p=900498#p991358 happen at me base my arp reply-only at all interface. After I set to arp=enabled for Interface ether and vlan for that hotspot service, user dont have that 'DIH' red error anymore.
Seems need to fix this bug, since I use arp reply-only since v6 and works perfectly.