Community discussions

MikroTik App

svito
just joined
Topic Author

Other mesh system on Mikrotik router

Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:30 pm

Hi, it is possible to use AiMesh from Asus on RouterOS ?

I have two Asus APs with the AiMesh function, which I would connect to a Mikrotic router (crs326-24G-2S+ IN). However, I need the AiMesh connection between these Asus routers to work via an ethernet cable, not WIFI. They are far from each other for the WiFi connection to work.

I already had it connected this way, but the problem is that the AiMesh connection via an Ethernet cable only works if the AiMesh node is connected directly to the AiMesh server.

So I would need advice if it is possible to somehow configure in RouterOS so that these two Asus APs are seen as if they are connected directly ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Other mesh system on Mikrotik router

Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:34 pm

If your CRS is setup with bridge and ether2 and ether3 are members of that bridge, then connection is as transparent as it gets.
However, AiMesh serms to be a bit picky on how different devices need to be configured and connected.

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1044151/

The key seems to be: configure main AiMesh node into AP mode and connect it to CRS on any of LAN ports. Connect slave AiMesh devices zo CRS using their WAN ports.

svito
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Other mesh system on Mikrotik router

Fri Dec 30, 2022 5:40 pm

If your CRS is setup with bridge and ether2 and ether3 are members of that bridge, then connection is as transparent as it gets.
However, AiMesh serms to be a bit picky on how different devices need to be configured and connected.

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1044151/

The key seems to be: configure main AiMesh node into AP mode and connect it to CRS on any of LAN ports. Connect slave AiMesh devices zo CRS using their WAN ports.
Thank you it helped me. :D