Community discussions

MikroTik App

Mikrotikuseridt
just joined
Topic Author

Mikrotik crs317-1g-16s+rm HELP REQUESTED PLEASE

Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:05 pm

I'm having an issue with connecting 1 gig sfp switches (aruba 8 port instant on) to the microtik switch throughout a campus. No issue with 24 port 10gig sfp+ (aruba 24 port instant on) those connect just fine and i can ping and log into those from the mikrotik just fine.

We have fiber MM fiber running through the entire campus just for these camera switches so we are using the mikrotik as a core switch for all the fiber runs in the mpoe.

I've tried turning off the auto-negotiation and changing that to 1000mbps but that doesn't solve anything. I've also tried connecting them to the 1 aruba switch we have in the mpoe as well and plugged them into the sfp ports and they communicate. So the fiber is good, we've also tested all the fiber runs with a fluke fiber tester and all the fiber tested good.

After trying different configurations a few of the ports of the mikrotik keep turning on and off now. Literally says "link ok" then a few moments later says "no link" for a few seconds then repeats itself.

I have no idea what is going on with this switch. I've tried resetting configuration multiple times and those ports keep failing

I'm about to give up on this switch

Does anyone have ANY suggestions?

Mikrotikuseridt
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Mikrotik crs317-1g-16s+rm HELP REQUESTED PLEASE

Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:19 am

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?? Bueller?

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Mikrotik crs317-1g-16s+rm HELP REQUESTED PLEASE

Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:05 pm

Which SFP modules are you trying to use in CRS? MT is kind of notorious for flakey support of 3rd party SFP and SFP+ modules, even support for own modules is not always 100%.