Community discussions

MikroTik App

MartinsG
just joined
Topic Author

wifiwave2 - CAPsMAN and manage "old" deviceses as well.

Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:22 pm

Hello!
I was so happy yestereday with finaly getting HAP ax3 in my posession and was about to deply my CAPsMAN managed network. However, did miss detailes in wifiwave2 - CAPsMAN compibility.
In 7.7rc4
*) wifiwave2 - added initial CAPsMAN support (only compatible with wifiwave2 interfaces) (CLI only);

I have questions now:
1) can /will simulteniosly wifiwave2 - CAPsMAN manage AX and AC (old) deviceses which can not be upgreaded to wifiwave2 like cAP?
2) if not (hofully for time beeing), should i "downgread" ax3 to be part of "old" CAPsMAN network? If so, what exaclty i have to do to downgread - remove wifiwave2. And, i guess, i will loose ax or what are side efects?

Or what are suggestions? I hope there will be no need to maintein 2 networks - for new dev and old dev, since obviosly replce all HW is not an option. And i have hard time to figure out how to manage 2 CAPsMAN in the same environment.

Thanks!

yurembo
just joined

Re: wifiwave2 - CAPsMAN and manage "old" deviceses as well.

Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:57 pm

Hi @MartinsG, I have the same issue with CAPsMAN ax3 and "old" cAPs. Do you have any luck with this?

alibloke
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: wifiwave2 - CAPsMAN and manage "old" deviceses as well.

Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:18 pm

You cannot (yet?) run legacy wifi devices on a wifiwave2 capsman. You can't downgrade any ax devices to use a non wifiwave2 driver, only compatible ac devices can do that.

In order to use ax devices with legacy devices with capsman you'll need two controllers, oh and ax devices can't be controlled by capsman locally.