Community discussions

MikroTik App

Garywoo
just joined
Topic Author

mAP lite - Unable to connect

Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:50 am

I bought a used mAP lite, and have attempted to reset it to factory settings so that I can set it up for my use case.

I didn't have any luck with using the button to reset it, so I tried netinstall with the mAP connected directly to my PC. This worked, and I was able to install ROS 7.6 on the device.

After power-cycling it, I do not see any wifi network produced by the device. Only the PWR LED is on, the rest are off.
If I plug it into my ethernet network, the ETH LED blinks, but it does not appear as a device on my network.

I've tried using WinBox with the device connected to my network via ethernet, and when connecting with the mAP's MAC address, I get the error RoMON is not enabled on the router.

How can I get connected to this thing so it can be configured?

user18273

Re: mAP lite - Unable to connect

Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:29 pm

welcome to the club.
I just made reset on my mikrotik, and have same shitty story.
No SSID, no LAN, only power led.

stupid router.

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: mAP lite - Unable to connect

Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:00 pm

Why trying RoMon here ??? Connect winbox with MAC address. e.g. MAC address from the Neighbors TAB in WinBox. Also MAC SSH or MAC Telnet is a possibility.
If the default setup after Netinstall is the "Host AP" , then the ethernet port is an as WAN protected port. No input connections allowed.
The default Wifi (WLAN port) is open for IP access, not enabled for MAC based access.

https://help.mikrotik.com/docs/display/UM/mAP+lite
First use
Connect the device to the included power adapter;
Connect your computer to the wireless network;
Open 192.168.88.1 in your web browser to start the configuration;
User name: admin and there is no password by default (or, for some models, check user and wireless passwords on the sticker).;