Community discussions

MikroTik App

deggler
just joined
Topic Author

CRS328-4C-20S-4S+ PSU fails after when insertiting sfp21 in combo port

Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:11 am

I fully loaded a CRS328-4C-20S-4S+ with sfps from port sfp1 to sfp20 and combo 1 and 2.

As soon as I put another sfp into combo3 or combo4 the router logs: "
PSU2 entered state FAIL
for both PSUs. When I enter the 2nd sfp some of the other ports go down.

Does anybody have any idea. That really should work - i need all the ports.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: CRS328-4C-20S-4S+ PSU fails after when insertiting sfp21 in combo port

Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:04 pm

I seem to remember that this problem was discussed a while ago. And IIRC some MT staff chimed in and explained that the problem was in I2c handling ... both SFP DDE and router's sensors share it ... and there was/is a problem handling some SFP's DDE readings. So in reality PSU is actually fine, you just loose health readings.

IIRC there were some upgrades of ROS (even in v6 line) since then, so make sure your device is running latest release ...

deggler
just joined
Topic Author

Re: CRS328-4C-20S-4S+ PSU fails after when insertiting sfp21 in combo port

Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:10 pm

Thanks for your help. My search did not turn up anything.

I run firmware 7.4.1 and routeros 7.6 - i need mlag to work. The Switches are the r2 hardware release.

It is not just the log message though. The sfp interfaces go down for real. Also the neighboring devices show a lost link at the same time.

I tried different sfps from the same brand and also one of another brand. Same problem.

I am about to take more of those in production. Is that a problem of one device, or should i worry that all of them will give me that problem? Has anybody loaded up all 24 sfps and they work fine?

Thanks for your help