Community discussions

MikroTik App

Techsystem
Topic Author

unable to reach another devices on another interface on my RB2011iL-RM

Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:00 am

Hello My friends..!
so my problem like this :
in my previous devices -(RB951ui)- its normal to ping another device that connected to another interface -(like if my PC connected to ether-2 with IP=192.168.20.100 and my access point connected to ether-3 with IP 192.168.30.100 i could access it from my PC)- but in my new RB2011iL-RM i couldnt do that even with the same config.
is this related to a different hardware ..?
i was looking to a hardware Plan for each of them and i couldnt find the big difference between them so anyone have any idea..?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: unable to reach another devices on another interface on my RB2011iL-RM

Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:38 pm

It's definitely related to config ... and (part of) config has to relate to hardware.

Two questions:
1) how did you configure RB2011? Simply restoring binary backup, made on another device model, doesn't work
2) can you post textual export of running config? Then we'll know what we are actually talking about.

Techsystem
Topic Author

Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:18 pm

It's definitely related to config ... and (part of) config has to relate to hardware.

Two questions:
1) how did you configure RB2011? Simply restoring binary backup, made on another device model, doesn't work
2) can you post textual export of running config? Then we'll know what we are actually talking about.
here is my config
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

un9edsda
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:54 pm

is this related to a different hardware ..?
i was looking to a hardware Plan for each of them and i couldnt find the big difference between them so anyone have any idea..?
Quite possible as different hardware require different configuration (and those two are quite different).
Have a look at post #3 and #5 in the Bad performance (slow) of RB2011UAS-2HnD topic, than continue in the Layer2 misconfiguration section of the documentation.