Community discussions

MikroTik App

BartXR700
just joined
Topic Author

How to implement NAT rules from Linux miniupnpd

Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:44 pm

Hi, i usually use linux as my main router with miniupnpd enabled for gaming. I have couple consoles in my network and miniupnpd never had problem with open NAT in for ex. Call of Duty games. My NAT Table on Linux look like atrached below. How to implement those rules to mikrotik? I'm not see POSTROUTING chain in NAT table. Thank you Guys for Help👍🏻

.103 - PS4 1
.105 - PS4 2
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BartXR700
just joined
Topic Author

Re: How to implement NAT rules from Linux miniupnpd

Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:26 am

Found it, just need to do dst-nat to port what game use. UPnP on mikrotik don't recognize external dst port, just give random one what game dont use at all. So worth to implement fix for that. 👍🏻 so I think I found a bug. Discussion is still👍🏻

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:36 am

If you want feeeback post your config otherwise its all conjecture

/export file=anynameyouwish ( minus router serial # and any public WANIP info ).

PS should be no need to use upnp.

BartXR700
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:50 pm

I totally agree there's no need to use upnp only if you know what external port is already used. Even connection tab don't show that, for ex In Call of Duty game you can check that in settings, but only 5% games allow to see witch port actually is in use. Anyway upnp is only work well on Linux machines. I used Ubuntu as my router and it works flawless ( for upnp only) we should be able to acces more config files in MT via SSH To fit it for user requirements.