Community discussions

MikroTik App

johann75
just joined
Topic Author

Mikrotik HardWare availability

Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:37 am

Could someone maybe share a list of available Mikrotik products? Half of the products listed on the manufacturer's website are out of sale, one quarter is hardly available, listed prices are just taken out of the sky and do not have anything to do with the reality. Do not understand, why a manufacturer would list all that trash on it's website and frustrate dudes looking for quick solutions...

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Mikrotik HardWare availability

Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:56 am

That is not true. You might be mistaking availability in your country with general availability. There are devices that are well stocked in one country, and out of stock in another. Distributors need to correctly guess the popularity of each model, sometimes they fail at that. Try to order from another webpage. All devices that are listed on our webpage are being manufactured and are not "End of Life", except what is in the Archive section.

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:39 am

Oh dear, here we go again ...

Apart from the fact it's up to the distributors to make sure their stock is sufficient, there is still a worldwide shortage for certain electronic components in effect.
Latest news I have seen, indicates it might even last into 2024.

Lots of other suppliers with products all over the spectrum are impacted.

kryztoval

Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm

Anything that can be done to improve this situation in my specific area?

For instance the only way I can even get a hap ax2 or hap ax3 is to buy it from aliexpress, which (if lucky) takes around 5 months to ship and costs 2 times the suggested price. However even one of the biggest importers in the country (Syscom) will not sell to final-users (I can't even get a list of the devices they do have), and all of the listed distributors in my country (which are also customers to syscom) have no AX device listed at all in their websites and when queried as to when they will get it their response is "we do not know".

I like mikrotik devices a lot, I really wish there was something I could do to increase the availability of the devices in Mexico.

djdrastic

Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:35 am

lol I got a Arista switch delivered last week that we ordered in 2020
Still waiting for stock from Sophos for some of their fiber modules since start of 21.

If you have the power to spin up chip fabs in Asia, there's not much that you can do about the situation except use the 2nd hand market.

kryztoval

Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:16 am

Well I guess my case is not so bad. I was told the RB5009UG+S+IN would arrive in Sep. 10th of 2023 if I ordered it today. so I ordered 2.
But the hAP ax3 was not available because it doesn't comply with country regulations here
hAP ax2 however was at twice the price with delivery date of July 1st