Community discussions

MikroTik App

BugsyPete
just joined
Topic Author

hAP Mini reset

Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:26 am

Just got a hAP Mini, and have trouble factory resetting the device.
When I first powered it up, I could connect to the wireless network it created and connect to the web interface to configure it.
I made a change, which to me recollection was to make the device a repeater. Since then, I have not been able to connect to the device.

I does not create a WiFi network I can connect to.
When I hold the RESET button and then power up, wait for the USB light to blink, I still doesn't create the MikroTIk network and the web interface does not respond.
I can see the network address it get from the network, and I can ping it.
When I try connect to that IP over https, I get connection refused.

I then discovered, that I can connect to the device with Telnet. Using that, I was able to upgrade the firmware to 6.49.7.
I have rebooted several times, and tried to reset several times, but still can't get either the web interface up, or the MikroTik default WiFi network to appear.
From Telnet I can see that wlan1 is disabled, and managed by capsman.

So I would like to factory reset and start over. But it doesn't appear the press reset while powering on method works for me.
Is there a way to factory reset from the telnet console?

hecatae
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: hAP Mini reset

Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:52 pm

BugsyPete
just joined
Topic Author

Re: hAP Mini reset  [SOLVED]

Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:36 am

Thanks. I did manage to reset it in the end.
The odd thing was, that when using the reset button, it would reset the login account, but still didn't enable the default MikroTik WiFi network, nor would the web interface respond.
But I was able to run the reset script from the telnet console, and that restored the default settings fully.