Community discussions

MikroTik App

tlahitte
just joined
Topic Author

[Solved] Mikrotik Chateau ax 5G LTE not registering to UL CA band

Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:18 pm

Hello,
I just bought a Chateau 5G ax in the hope of getting a decent internet speed in my apartment in London. I've been able to reach 200Mbits but today my network suddenly stopped and didn't came back,
After investigating for a while and making sure that the SIM card was not faulty. I found out that this interruption was related with my cellular not registering correctly to some 5G bands.
- If I'm forcing my router to use LTE and NR on band 3, I'm getting internet
- As soon as I'm removing any band restriction on NR, I can see that he is trying to registered to another tower and I'm loosing internet

The only notable difference between the two scenario is coming from the UL CA band being registered when using a restriction and band 3 but not when restrictions is revoked. I tried to lock my LTE interface to a 5G cell tower using the following command in Modem Init but it doesn't work. (I'm not sure that this command is made for Chateau, on the documentation it is listed under R11e-4G)
AT%CLCMD=<mode>,<mode2>,<EARFCN>,<PCI>,<PLMN>

Missing UL CA band (no internet)
LTE_Cellular.png
UL CA band present (internet)
ULCA_internet.jpg
LTE logs when internet is down
LTElogs.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by tlahitte on Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

tlahitte
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Mikrotik Chateau ax 5G LTE not registering to UL CA band

Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:27 pm

Sup-output available here:
supout.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dinosgb
just joined

Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:22 pm

Hi,

why do you want to restrict the bands?
in NSA it is risky to restrict the bands, as the 5G and LTE work in certain combinations, depending first on the operators base station bands and then on the device's capabilities.

in case 1 you have only LTE. It seems there's no NR in band 3. The base station provides 2 different carriers in LTE band 3 and you get UL CA.
in case 2 you restrict the LTE band, but not the NR band. Please try without restricting the LTE band.

tlahitte
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:07 am

Okay so after testing every possible scenario, I found out that I have to enter my APN parameters manually rather than automatically getting them from my ISP.

So far so good, It seems that my internet is now stable.

https://blog.linitx.com/mikrotik-lte-ho ... apn-issues