Community discussions

MikroTik App

Josephny
Topic Author

Newbie Questions for Dude

Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:21 am

I just installed The Dude 7.7 on a RB5009 and the Windows Dude Client.

They're working, but I'm sure there are configuration details that I haven't even seen.

At this point, I can't figure out how to get a nice, clear, detailed map like the one on MT's manual pages:

Map.png

All I can get is this:

Local.jpeg
I see that I can drag devices, but there's got to be a way to make them automatically lay out nicely?

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sob
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Newbie Questions for Dude

Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:07 am

I think it's those "Item alignment" buttons at the top. As I remember, the result wasn't too bad. I mean at first. But later, after you fine tune it by moving different things and accidentally press it again, it's tragic. ;)

Josephny
Topic Author

Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:12 pm

I think it's those "Item alignment" buttons at the top. As I remember, the result wasn't too bad. I mean at first. But later, after you fine tune it by moving different things and accidentally press it again, it's tragic. ;)

Tragic's my middle name ;)

I've begun manually moving things around and editing the properties of the items.

Screenshot 2023-02-12 061100.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sob
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:46 pm

Correction, it's Tools->Layout. And even Undo button works. So I wonder if before it didn't or I somehow missed it.