Community discussions

MikroTik App

Kevo
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Cake Queue and Fast Path Questions

Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:00 pm

I have got ROS 7.7 running on a CCR1036. I have turned off Allow Fast Path in the IP Settings. I have only 3 drop rules in the Raw Firewall and no other filter or NAT rules. I have set two of the ethernet interfaces to have cake with it's default settings as their interface queue type.

In IP Settings both Fast Path Active and Fast Track Active are grayed out and showing 0 packets and 0 bytes.

However, my router currently shows to be using 0% CPU and my interfaces all look to be using fast path as the FP TX Packets and FP RX Packets are showing the same numbers as the regular TX and RX Packets.

How can I be sure my router is actually using the Cake Queue and not just passing everything through Fast Path? Since this router is only lightly loaded I can imagine that maybe it really is only using less than 1% CPU at the moment, but I didn't think Cake would work through Fast Path, but I don't know how else to turn FP off. Maybe there is some display bug in the interface list, or maybe turning it off in the settings really doesn't turn it off at all?

Anyone have any insight into this confusing behavior?