Community discussions

MikroTik App

Codexus
just joined
Topic Author

Wireless First Steps - Stumbling

Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:26 am

Hello, just starting in Mikrotik. CRS 326, CAP AC being set up in Capsman (more will be added later).

Followed this guide https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:S ... troduction to get wireless up and running enough to where I can config without using cable. Weird thing is, the SSID never prompts for credentials upon connect, and no errors are presented to client, it simply gives up after a few seconds. Turned on logs, they didn't show much, ran a pcap during connect and I see it blasting out DHCP requests over and over (see picture). I have blown out the config on the switch, and capsman connects to Cap AC just fine just seems like all the config isn't applying correctly.

Looking around on the net for something similar I found sometimes turning of RSTP or setting the priority to 9000 fixes this problem but neither worked for me. I am sure its something dumb I am missing, but I can't seem to find it.

wireshark_dhcp.png
export.txt
logs.txt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Codexus
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Wireless First Steps - Stumbling

Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:40 pm

Figured it out.

In the guide there is no mention referencing the Security and the Datapath profiles in the Configuration profile. Thought that odd, but this is my first go-around. Since I was out of ideas I tried referencing them anyway and voila, it worked!