Community discussions

MikroTik App

umutsati
just joined
Topic Author

Two P2P link between 2 location to increase bandwith

Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:00 pm

Hello all,
I have started to use mikrotik devices a while ago, I'm trying to improve it as much as I can. But there is noone nearby that I can ask my questions, thats why I decided to register.

We have critic systems in Location A,B,C and all have to be connected all the time. To ensure constant connectivity I have two P2P link between Location A and Location B, again two P2P link between Location B and Location C. Before creating two P2P link between theese locations, I thought that I could make LAG (Link Aggregation) to minimize downtime and increase total bandwith.

But the problem is when Link 1 and Link 2 are both up, speeds are very low on both links and also when I configure switches as LAG, it does not work. But if I poweroff link 2, Link 1 is working as how is supposed to be and its speed is ok
Alsa when Link 3 and Link 4 is up, again speeds are very low on both link and also when I configure switches as LAG, it does not work. But if I poweroff link 3, Link 4 is working as how is supposed to be and speed is ok

How can I fix this issue ? Or how can I increase total bandwith between thesee locations using multiple links like tihs ? Thanks in advance.

Phisical Location
Location A, both LDF 5 AC's are one under another with satellite offsets.

Location B,
The ones looking to Location A, side by side with 1 meters distance to easch other
The ones looking toLocation B, side by side with 1 meters distance to easch other

Location C
The ones looking to Location B,are one under another with satellite offsets.

I have 4 location that connected to each other. You can see the list of devices I have below;
Location A Location B
1) Mikrotik LDF 5 AC as AP --> Mikrotik LDF 5 AC as Client as Link 1
2) Mikrotik LDF 5 AC as AP --> Mikrotik LDF 5 AC as Client as Link 2

Location B Location C
1) Mikrotik LDF 5 AC as AP --> Mikrotik LDF 5 AC as Client as Link 3
2) Mikrotik LHG 5 XL AC as AP --> Mikrotik LHG 5 XL AC as Client as Link 4

Location C Location D
1) Mikrotik LHG 5 XL AC as AP --> Mikrotik LHG 5 XL AC as Client As Link 5