Community discussions

MikroTik App

loukleo
just joined
Topic Author

Public IP and VPN access on LHG-LTE18 - Solved

Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:09 am

Hello there, newbie here.

I have been using lately two lhg-lte6 (RBLHGR&R11e-LTE6) and recently purchased a new LHGGM&EG18-EA, LHG LTE18 kit to upgrade.

What I have been doing with success on LTE6 routers is that ISP provides me with a public IP after setting the right APN and by using the VPN address provided by mikrotik I can access remotely the router. Images below:
lhg lte6 - 3.png
lhg lte6 - 2.png
lhg lte6 - 1.png

The issues now with the newly purchased LTE18 router is:
1. I do not get a public IP, even with the same exact SIM card. To be more clear, I put the SIM card in LTE6 router, everything works like a charm, I take it off and put it in the LTE18 router my IP is 10.*.*.* Obviously I also set the correct APN. Is it something that has to do with the carrier or a configuration is needed?
2. LTE18 router does not provide me with a, let's say, "static" VPN address in the format *.sn.mynetname.net. What alternatives do I have?
Pictures here:
lhg lte18 - 1.png
lhg lte18 - 2.png
lhg lte18 - 3.png

Thank you in advance,
Loukas
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

loukleo
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Public IP and VPN access on LHG-LTE18 - Solved

Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:35 pm

I managed to address the issues I have been facing, so I am posting what I found for newbies like me that they are trying to figure things out.
1. I do not get a public IP, even with the same exact SIM card. To be more clear, I put the SIM card in LTE6 router, everything works like a charm, I take it off and put it in the LTE18 router my IP is 10.*.*.* Obviously I also set the correct APN. Is it something that has to do with the carrier or a configuration is needed?
It seems that there is a choice "Use Network APN" (not existent in lhg lte6) that the APN is automatically set through the network. From my point of view if this is set then it does not matter what the user sets through the quick set interface.
Use Network APN.png
2. LTE18 router does not provide me with a, let's say, "static" VPN address in the format *.sn.mynetname.net. What alternatives do I have?
Pictures here:
In the LTE18 it is needed to enable the DDNS through the terminal and then get it through there. It is not shown in the quick set Interface
set DDNS.png

Hope these will help somebody
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.