Community discussions

MikroTik App

Techsystem
Topic Author

can not open SSH port on mikrotik router

Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:57 pm

Hello my friends..!
so i came a cross a very weird situation here.
i intended to open SSH port just by going to ip==>services and enable the SSH port
today when i try to do that the port didn't open, i try to create a port forwarding rule for it but also that didn't work.
any one can help me to find where the applied filter that prevent this port from opening ..?
here is my router config
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

erlinden
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: can not open SSH port on mikrotik router

Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:03 pm

The port should be explicitly be opened on the input chain (there is no port forward necessary), assuming you want to have this service available on the WAN site.
And...as soon as you managed to get it to work...close it! Security wise you don't want this...never. Is this what you want to achieve?

If you want this service available inside....well, I should look at the supplied config.

Techsystem
Topic Author

Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:20 pm

The port should be explicitly be opened on the input chain (there is no port forward necessary), assuming you want to have this service available on the WAN site.
And...as soon as you managed to get it to work...close it! Security wise you don't want this...never. Is this what you want to achieve?

If you want this service available inside....well, I should look at the supplied config.
well yes i want to open it to outside WAN just 5 minute for troublshooting purpose..

erlinden
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:30 pm

add action=accept chain=input comment="allow SSH temporarily" dst-port=22 protocol=tcp
If you add this after the Wireguard rule you should be able to connect.