Community discussions

MikroTik App

iantull
just joined
Topic Author

Newbie needing help with CRS326 DHCP and DNS issue

Sun Mar 05, 2023 12:05 am

I am using a CRS326 as a switch only at the moment but intend to update this to also be a router later in the year.
I would like to use it as my DHCP Server but have been having problems with one assigned IP address as it is required to point to an internal DNS server only and I'm not sure how to do this.
The device that I need to point to the internal DNS server is hardcoded so I don't have the ability of changing how it gets its IP (DHCP) or the fqdn it is supposed to point to. I have an internal DNS server that I can redirect that fqdn to another internal server that mimics the external fqdn.

So afr I have been able to setup the DHCP-Server side and it allocates the IP's as it should and I have been able to identify the internal device and make that IP address as a static to make sure it always gets that same IP.
My problem now is how can I make that IP point to my internal DNS Server or is this not possible using the Mikrotik. ?

k6ccc
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Newbie needing help with CRS326 DHCP and DNS issue

Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:13 am

You are asking this question in the SwitchOS section of the forum. When operating your CRS326 in SwitchOS, it has no ability to function as a DHCP server. So I assume you really are using your CRS326 in RouterOS. Assuming that is the case, you would likely get a far better response by posting in the Beginner Basics section of the forum: viewforum.php?f=13