Community discussions

MikroTik App

Nikko9633
just joined
Topic Author

QuickSet CPE Wireless only shows 5GHz

Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:30 am

Hello, all.
Not an advanced user here with a couple of problems. I have a hAP AC wireless router. I wish to use QuickSet in CPE mode to select my 2.4MHz wifi chanel in the wireless area on the left. My problem is that this list of availabe networks is only showing the 5GHz channel.. I have tried a lot of different random things, including selecting 20, 20/40, etc., but I've had no luck.
One of the steps I took was to update the routerboardOS to 7.8, but no improement.
Any iideas?
Thank you in advance.
Nikko

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: QuickSet CPE Wireless only shows 5GHz

Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:32 am

The CPE mode is meant for outdor devices that are sold as CPE, you can't really adapt the other quickset modes to other types of devices.
If it's a "HomeAP" it can only use "HomeAP" mode etc.

You will have to leave quickset alone and go into the Wireless menu and set the 2GHz interface to wireless mode "station" (meaning CPE / client) etc.

Nikko9633
just joined
Topic Author

Re: QuickSet CPE Wireless only shows 5GHz

Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:51 am

Thank you for your answer. I was using the CPE feature because I was following some instructions found on the internet to accomplish my goal. If I am to ignore the simplicity of CPE, I'm going to need someone's help configuring the router for my needs. I hope someone can help.

My goal is to connect my Mikrotik router to another router's WIFI (which has an internet connection) and connect a printer via a cable and some tablets wirelessly to my router. The goal is to have a separate network for these devices so they can see each other, but will rely on the WIFI bridge to supply all of them with the outside internet connection.

Thank you in advance.

Nik