Community discussions

MikroTik App

Mixzzz
just joined
Topic Author

Chateau 5G + LHG?

Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:06 pm

Hi,

So I recently got a Chateau 5G router. Currently I have/had LHGG however since now I have a new tower closer to me, Chateu seems to be working just fine with LTE if I place it in a plastic box outside and it's already faster than LHGG just because it can use more bands simultaneously. However this tower also supports 5G and somewhere down the field with my phone I start catching n78 band but I am unable to connect to it at the place where the router sits right now. So this leads me to believe that with higher gain antenna, I would be able to connect to this band with chateau. Could it be possible to connect LHG to chateau using u.fl M to F extenstions? Because I looked it up and LHG seems to have quite high gains in 3.5ghz range and I already have it so why not experiment. To which ports would connect LHG on Chateau board? A4 and A5?

krafg
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Chateau 5G + LHG?

Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:57 am

Best wait for LHG 5G version. I'm also waiting for it.

Regards.

conecting

Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:27 am

Wait for new device or if necessary to buy now look for nr7102 or 5g cpe win.

Amm0
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:24 am

Any directional antenna will work, I'd just buy one for the Chateau.

Maybe even 4x4 omni help if there are multiple tower in your area. But you'd have check the specs on the Chataeu ext port, and compare what bands are available, to get more crazy at optimizing the RF. Check out cellmapper.net and see what's in your area, if you haven't already. Also, I can't recall on the 5G ones, but while external 4x4 MIMO be ideal, I recall you may need to some SMA pigtails to wire up something to replace the internal LTE antenna.

While maybe possible with LHG...I'd worry that about cable and connector loss and it may not be tunned for well for the bands Chateau is using. This seems like a lot of time for little benefit. And you'd lose that as a potential backup/something else. Higher gain antennas aren't that much money, and then your just waiting for the delivery man there.