Community discussions

MikroTik App

KRuK
just joined
Topic Author

Folder that cannot be deleted

Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:05 pm

After upgrading OS to version 7, there is a disk2 folder in the file list. I did not create this folder, I don't know where it came from, but I do know that it cannot be deleted. In version OS6 this folder also appeared but there it could be removed. I also tried to delete it via a terminal, but also without success. Does MiktoTik decide for me what I need more? Is this some kind of bug in the new system?

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Folder that cannot be deleted

Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:11 pm

use netinstall and everytime read (first, obviously) full changelog from one version to another...

KRuK
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:04 pm

use netinstall and everytime read (first, obviously) full changelog from one version to another...

And what does the change log have to do with it? I'm a normal user, I'm not a person who sits and looks at WinBox all day. I wanted an up-to-date system, maybe a more secure one so I updated, that's it.
Back to the topic at hand, so should I install the new clean system and restore the configuration from the backup? Is this what the statement "use netinstall" means?

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:15 pm

And what does the change log have to do with it?
Read the change log...
Normal or professional users have to read the change log, no excuse.

I'm a normal user, I'm not a person who sits and looks at WinBox all day.
Don't read instructions or contraindications on medicines? I don't think you are taking medicines all day... (well at least I hope not...)

If you import the backup, the problem still remain.
Export the .rsc file with /export (the forum is full of examples), do netinstall, and reimport section by section the .rsc file.

KRuK
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:24 pm

I reported the problem to support, sent them supout.rif and they found the cause of the problem. After updating to the new beta 7.9rc1, the disc2 folder no longer appears. :D