Community discussions

MikroTik App

darkin
just joined
Topic Author

Wireless Wire Cube not connecting

Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:35 am

Hi,

To start with I am not a network or IT guru, so please if you provide help there are some basics I may be missing in being able to do things.

I have a CubeG-5ac60adpair connected between my main house and a cottage about 80 meters away that was in perfect working order for about 6 months before I started to pick up issues - the cottage no longer has internet and I can't get this working.
Setup is as follows:
- Main house has wireless internet via a dish provided
- This runs to the router in my house and in house wifi works perfectly
- I then have POE connected to the router (and power) that runs to a cube on my roof and pointed to the cottage
- At the cottage I have the cube pointed to main house with a cable that runs down into the cottage through the powered POE
- This connects to a D-Link wifi unit to broadcasts wifi through the house
As mentioned this worked perfectly until recently.

The following is what I have checked to fault find:
- Connected D-Link to the house intenet - I was able to connect to the wifi which tells me the D-link is not the issue
- If I stand along the line of sight of the cubes between the house and cottage I can connect to the cube from the house and access the internet
The above has me assuming that the issue is the receiver cube not collecting the signal to broadcast through the D-Link for wifi.

Interestingly when I use the Mikrotik phone app to connect to the cube at the house it will not connect through the IP, only through the MAC address even though the password is correct - I am not sure if this alludes to what the issue could be. I also cant connect to the house cube via the Winbox v3.37 app when previously I was able to.

Would appreciate any help that can stop me from smashing these things with a hammer for the sheer satisfaction of it!

darkin
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Wireless Wire Cube not connecting

Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:21 pm

Hi,

Is anyone able to help or direct me to where I can find a solution?